Monthly Archives: March 2012
From the Health Alert Newsletter by Dr. Bruce West
Phyto-nutrient complexes are completely unlike the vitamins and supplements sold in (most) stores, even those that claim to be made from whole foods. That’s because although these products may start out as real food, by the time they make their way to market, they’re anything but.
Manufacturers use an industrial process called fractionating to split a food into its separate nutritional components. These isolated nutrients are then re-combined in pill form and sold as “natural.”
But by their very nature, these products are totally unnatural. Once you fraction out an isolated nutrient, you’ve created a chemical. More importantly, these products are inherently incomplete. The human body utilizes nutrients in conjunction with one another.
Phyto-nutrient complexes contain a combination of all the ingredients found in nature, rather than just the so-called “active ingredients” the manufacturers decide to put in their pills.
For example, most people think that beta-carotene is a critical antioxidant that needs to be in their vitamin pill. Yet beta-carotene is really only one of hundreds of carotenes found naturally in foods. When one is fractionated away from the others, the resulting compound fails to work as intended. In fact, new research shows that high doses of synthetic beta-carotene make certain types of cancer worse.
Taking high dosages of the synthetic or fractionated beta-carotene and other antioxidants commonly sold in stores can result in impaired immunity, the exact opposite of what you’re trying to achieve!
Compounding the problem is that store-bought nutritional products lack the coenzymes and trace minerals that are necessary for the body to absorb the nutrients. In past issues of Health Alert,
DOES IT WORK?
- The majority of people will feel tingling or warmth in their feet when a magnetic insole is placed under one of their feet. This should be an indication of increased circulation.
- Thermal Imaging (i.e.: heat sensitive photography) confirms that there is an increase in the temperature of feet or hands when in the presence of a magnetic field.
- After 2 minutes exposure to a strong (rotating) magnetic field, arm and shoulder flexibility is increased by 10% or more for most people. This is based on the flexibility evidenced when pulling both arms back from behind, until the shoulder muscles become tight. This demonstration indicates the relaxation of muscles, which could be brought about through increased blood flow. Warming up prior to strenuous exercise would create a similar result.
- There are significant increases in perceived strength (based on an arm strength test), and balance (based on pushing up one’s rigid, outstretched arms until the toes come up). Based on the fundamental principles of Applied Kinesiology, these tests indicate that magnetics are doing something the body likes, from a physiologic standpoint.
- Research further indicates that magnetic fields may increase blood flow. (Effects of Magnetic Fields on Microcirculatory Blood Flow… by Shigeru Ichioka, Dept. of Medical Research, Tokyo University)
The Natural Health Solutions Center is pleased to announce that we now offer an HCG diet program. It is the fastest, most comfortable way to shed unwanted fat and keep it off. This diet enables you to lose ½ to 2 pounds a day – Comfortably and Safely! We offer the sublingual form of this diet so no shots are required!
History of the HCG Protocol:
Our program for this diet is based upon the protocol developed by Dr. A.T.W. Simeons. When the diet was first introduced Dr. Simeons called it a “cure for obesity.” This diet program will allow you to retrain the part of your brain that controls your appetite (the hypothalamus) so that you will not have a desire to over eat once you have completed the program. This feature is critical to maintaining the “New You” that you will have obtained.
So How Does It Work?
HCG stands for Human Chorionic Gonadotropin. This is a hormone that is produced in large quantities during pregnancy. Everyone has some form of this hormone, so it is perfect for men and women. HCG is responsible for making the abnormal fat reserves in the body available to be burned as fuel. Combined with a very low calorie diet, this program is used to rid the body of the abnormal, or adipose, fat deposits. Rest assured that the HCG helps to stave off any hunger pangs that a restricted diet may cause. With the introduction of HCG, thousands of extra calories are available to your system from the abnormal fat being metabolized. So you are not dependent on just the food you take in to provide all of your energy. For this reason, HCG diets are easier to stick to than traditional diets that simply restrict calories. When a program is easy to stick to, success should be the end result!
Abnormal Fat is the Issue:
Abnormal FatRead more
Magnetic fields have been used for thousands of years to aid health and healing. But, do they really work? At The Natural Health Solutions Center, we have found that:
1. The majority of people will feel tingling or warmth in their feet when a magnetic insole or other magnetic product is placed under one of their feet. This should be an indication of increased circulation. (It is best to put the magnetic product under only one foot, so you can feel the difference between your feet. For products other than insoles, be sure that the part of the magnetic product that should face your body is facing your foot.)
2. Thermal Imaging (i.e.: heat sensitive photography) confirms that there is an increase in the temperature of feet or hands when in the presence of a strong magnetic field.
3. After 3 minutes’ exposure to a strong (rotating) magnetic field (from our Magnessage product), arm and shoulder flexibility is increased by 10% or more for most people. This is based on the flexibility evidenced when pulling both arms back from behind, until the shoulder muscles become tight. This demonstration indicates the relaxation of muscles, which could be brought about through increased blood flow. (Usually any discomfort is also reduced by at least one-half during this exercise, as well).
4. There are significant increases in perceived strength (based on an arm strength test), and balance. (These tests are outline on page 14 of our catalog, and on our website - TheNHScenter.com). Based on the principles of Applied Kinesiology, these tests indicate that magnetic products are doing something physiologically beneficial.
5. Research further indicates that magnetic fields may increase blood flow. (Effects of Magnetic Fields on Microcirculatory Blood Flow… by Shigeru Ichioka, Dept. of Medical Research, Tokyo University).
A BIO-MAGNETIC THEORY EXPLAINED
1. It has been found thatRead more
“The more we learn about water, the more obvious it will become that a good quantity and quality of water is a cornerstone of sound health.” Rudolph Ballantine, M.D., author of Radical Healing (1999),
Exactly How Important is Water Really?
- Water carries away excess wastes and flushes out toxins.
- Water metabolizes stored fat and reduces fatty deposits and controls our body temperature.
- Water is Mother Nature’s greatest beauty tonic and is a natural diuretic.
- Water protects our body’s cells from attacks from diseases, viruses, etc.
- Water is necessary for the chemical reactions in our body to occur through a process of hydrolysis.
- Water flows through our cell membranes generating hydroelectric energy (voltage) that is converted and stored in our cells.
- Water holds our cell contents in their proper structural place, allowing for optimal functioning.
Water Deficiency Issues
By understanding the proportion of water occupying our cells, tissues and organs and the known functions of water, we can already begin to appreciate what might happen if our bodiesPosted: March 19, 2012Categories: TestingRead more
What Exactly is Acidity and Alkalinity ?
Feeling tired, rundown and not your best often comes from too much acid waste in the body. Waste acids that are not eliminated from the body when they should be are reabsorbed from the colon, into the liver and put back into our body’s general circulation. They are then deposited into our tissues. It is these tissue residues that determine sickness or health. Discover what tissue acid wastes are present in your body by applying your saliva to a pH Strip. You want to test between 7 and 7.5 pH. If you are below this measure (more acidic), it is recommended that you begin the process of alkalizing yourself to rid your body of excess acid. The result will be superior health, energy and strength.
Hazel Parcells, N.D., who was 106 years old when she died, observed that less than optimal health occurs in highly acidic states. The body of a person who is chronically tired and sleepy is usually acidic and will age quickly. But when the cells in a body are more alkaline, the person ages less quickly and has more energy and drive. An individual can alter this chemical balance to favor a more balanced pH by changing how and what they eat. An additional benefit should be the loss of excess weight.
The Alkaline Reserve – Our Body’s Bank Account