The gallbladder is a small sac-like organ underneath the liver that receives, stores, and concentrates bile made in the liver. The liver sends the bile to the gallbladder trough a small tube called the cystic duct. During digestion, the gallbladder contracts and delivers bile to the intestines (duodenum) to help break down (emulsify) fat that is contained in the food. The most common problem associated with the gallbladder is gallstones. Gallstones are round-shaped combinations of cholesterol, bile, pigments, and lecithin.
Only 20% of people who have gallstones get symptoms and are called “silent”. A major symptom of gallstones is usually right-sided pain in the abdomen that may be associated with right-sided shoulder pain. The shoulder pain may occur by itself without the abdominal pain.
There also may be centrally located upper abdominal pain over the breastbone.The pain, in general, wherever it manifests, is constant and progresses slowly, rising to a plateau, and then gradually decreases, usually within several hours after a meal and especially after meals containing large amounts of fat. Sometimes nausea, fullness, belching, heartburn, flatulence, and vomiting present.
OCCURRENCE: Women over 40 years old, fair-skinned and overweight are more prone to gallstones. Women get gallstones four times as frequently as men
CONSIDERATIONS: food allergies (especially to milk products and eggs), digestive disorders (especially caused by a deficiency of hydrochloric acid), intestinal diseases, excessively low-fiber diet, food intolerance, parasites rapid weight loss, and stress. Constipation may also be connected to gallstones.
1. Ensure Proper Nutrition: Fibromyalgia and CFS can occur, at least in part, as a result of nutritional deficiencies. Having these conditions can actually increase your nutritional needs, as your body is fighting to regain health.
- Nutritional supplements can help ensure that your body has the nutrition it needs to accomplish the healing and maintenance processes.
- We offer an exceptional line of nutrition supplements that were developed through collaboration with a gifted herbalist, and are made here in the United States to pharmaceutical standards. They contain the most effective ingredients, from the highest quality sources available, to accomplish their targeted purpose. The simple Muscle Response Test outlined on pgs. 16 & 17 of our catalog will help you to choose the supplement(s) that your body needs most. This test method, which is used by the large majority of Herbalists, Naturopathic Physicians and Acupuncturists, allows you to get objective, measurable feedback from your body as to what it needs to optimize its health.
- If you are in the Tri-Cities area, we can do this testing for you. If you are not, you will find that it is simple to do for your self. No special skills are required; just follow the directions on pgs 16 & 17 of our catalog (or on our website).
2. MagFiltered Water System - Water is critical and the body must be well hydrated. We recommend MagFiltered Water. This water has been through these processes:
- Filtration that remove chlorine and all sediments (Chlorine is a significant drying agent).
- Exposure to a strong magnetic field to break down long molecular chains, making the water more bio-available (i.e.: easier to get into and out of the body’s cells, improving detoxification potential).
- Minerals are left in the water for improved alkalinity vs. distilled or reverse osmosis filtered water. A healthy body is slightly alkaline. Disease can establish itself much more easily in an acidic environment.
Recommendation: We, along with most health practitioners, recommend drinking the following amount of water each day: body weight in pounds divided by 2 = the number of ounces for daily consumption. For example, a 160 lb. person should drink 80 oz. of water each day. This can be reduced 10 to 20% when MagFiltered Water is being consumed vs. other forms of water, due to its greater hydration efficiency.
Of course, for any acute health problems we recommend you seek professional help, But we believe that improving nutrition , hydration, sleep, circulation, and toxin removal, is of significant benefit to your health, no matter its current state.
The Natural Health Solutions Center’s recommendations are not meant as a substitute for advice from your doctor. If you have a serious or potentially serious health problem, please see a doctor. You may wish to use these suggestions in addition to the treatment prescribed by your doctor; if so, it is best to do so with his or her knowledge.