Recommendations for Asthma
1. MagFiltered Water System - Water is critical and the body must be well hydrated. We recommend MagFiltered Water. This is especially important for those suffering from Asthma, as dehydration can trigger increased histamine production in the lungs. (See Note 1 at the bottom for more information on this phenomena). Magfiltered water has been through the following processes to improve its bio-availability:
- Filtration that removes chlorine and all sediments (Chlorine is a significant drying agent).
- Exposure to a strong magnetic field to break down long chains of molecules, making it easier for the water molecules to get into and out of the body’s cells. This also improves water’s detoxification potential.
- Minerals are left in the water for improved alkalinity vs. distilled or reverse osmosis filtered water. A healthy body is slightly alkaline. Disease can establish itself much more easily in an acidic environment.
Recommendation: We, along with most health practitioners, recommend drinking the following amount of water each day: body weight in pounds divided by 2 = the number of ounces for daily consumption. For example, a 160 lb. person should drink 80 oz. of water each day. This can be reduced 10 to 20% when MagFiltered Water is being consumed vs. other forms of water, due to its greater hydration efficiency.
2. Magnet application to the chest area -- magnetics can help control wheezing by increasing circulation in the Lung area. To accomplish this, a magnetic pad or spot magnet can be attached to the back with adhesive or a Velcro Band, or to a bra strap. Possible choices of magnetic products are:
- Back and Body Wrap – This product includes a 4” Velcro band and a 5 inch square magnetic pad. The pad can be used with or without the band.
- Spot Therapy Kit – This kit includes 6 very strong, round magnets of varying sizes. They can be easily attached to clothing using magnetic keepers, or directly to the skin with adhesive rounds (included). Also useful for any other application where more circulation is desired, such as tennis elbow.
3. NHS Magnetic/Infra-red Sleep System - consisting of a magnetic mattress pad, a space age foam Magnetic Pillow, and a special Comforter, which has Far Infra-red properties for acid neutralization.
- Research indicates that a magnetic field improves circulation, allowing for improved recovery from discomforts, and better overall body functioning. (This can be confirmed though a simple demonstration outlined on pg.15 of our catalog).
- The far-infrared materials in the sleep system help neutralize acids (i.e.: toxins) within the body to maintain proper pH (slightly alkaline). Acidity in the body can cause discomfort, and can increase the chances for disease to take hold.
- Studies and our experience have shown that people sleep more soundly with this system, and ultimately require less time in bed (usually about ½ hour less).
5. Dietary supplement: Breathe Free for natural, herbal support for respiratory functions.
Recommendation: Schedule a nutrition testing session (non-invasive) to conclusively determine your nutritional needs.
Note 1: In his book, Your Body’s Many Cries for Water, Dr. Batmangheidj, MD, states the following:
- Histamines regulate bronchial muscle contraction
- When dehydrated, the lungs produce more histamines which contract bronchial tubes to reduce the loss of water from breathing.
- It may take 1 to 4 weeks of proper hydration to turn off this reflexive mechanism.
Breathing Problem Testimonials
“Water can make or Break your health”
The Natural Health Solutions Center’s recommendations are not meant as a substitute for advice from your doctor. If you have a serious or potentially serious health problem, please see a doctor. You may wish to use these suggestions in addition to the treatment prescribed by your doctor; if so, it is best to do so with his or her knowledge.