Monthly Archives: July 2020
Posted: July 31, 2020Read more
Popularly known as the “sleep hormone” because of its ability to help you get a good night’s sleep, melatonin does so much more than regulate your body’s clock. The health benefits of the hormone are many, ranging from keeping your diabetes in check to maintaining good cardiovascular health. It even has anti-cancer and anti-aging properties. Furthermore, it aids an array of metabolic functions like strengthening your immune system and boosting your anti-inflammatory defenses.
The production of this hormone reduces as you age and this decline is directly related to the speeding up of the aging process and overall health deterioration. Let’s take a more detailed look at the many health benefits of melatonin:
Melatonin was discovered about 50 years ago and since then various studies have been conducted to determine its benefits for the human body. The antioxidant property of this molecule is one of its studied attributes. Research shows that it plays a significant role in strengthening the body’s ability to fight against free radicals that damage your cells. Research shows that melatonin is more effective in dealing with oxidative stress and damage than vitamins C or E. Diseases resulting from free radicals, like Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD), and Sepsis have responded positively to enhanced levels of melatonin.
Research shows that Melatonin is also anticarcinogenic, meaning that it aids in preventing cancer. It also helps stop the growth and multiplication of cancer cells, and aids is promoting the natural cell death of cancerous cells. The process is referred to as apoptosis. The anti-cancer properties of melatonin may be attributed to its antioxidant, hormonePosted: July 24, 2020Read more
For many people, consuming dietary supplements has become a way of life. In fact, most people are becoming more and more comfortable with the idea of popping a capsule daily, after getting to know of a particular dietary supplement from their physician, dietician, friend, or simply while browsing through social media.
This is not an assumption; according to a survey conducted by CRN in 2017, more than 76% of Americans consume supplements on a regular basis. There is a pervading idea that even if health supplements don’t do anything, at least they won’t cause harm to one’s well-being.
There can be major differences in the quality, bioavailability, and efficacy of supplements, even if the ingredients shown on the bottle are very similar. Many cheaper, commercially available, supplements are made from synthetic chemicals that your body cannot use effectively. A better alternative is to take natural health supplements that are made from high-quality, whole foods and organic ingredients.
Natural health supplements have many different health benefits. In addition to boosting your energy, they can strengthen your muscles, bones, and joints, as well as enhance the functioning of your immune system. This last ability is particularly important now in keeping you safe during the Corona Virus Pandemic. But that’s not all; they can also help in tackling specific issues. Let’s take a look at some of them.
1. Keeps allergies at bay
Seasonal allergies can affect a person’s quality of life to a great extent. Yet, thisPosted: July 15, 2020Read more
1. Dr. Stephen Gundry – Heart Surgeon, Natural Health Expert
- Foods to avoid (w/ Lectins and Nightshade vegetables)
- Vitamin D: Need 10,000 IU’s/day. Target in blood = 100 ng/ml., Benefits: Anti-aging, Anti-Cancer, Rx: Leaky Gut, Autoimmune issues.
- Omega 3’s critical. Rec. 1000 mg. DHA/day (DHA 1 comp. of Omega 3)
- Enzymes important to digestive health, reducing food allergies.
- Polyphenols (colorful foods, supplements) import. for Vascular Health
- Mushrooms benefit Alzheimer’s & Dementia
- Only 6% of health outcomes attrib. to Genes, Balance attrib. to Life Style
2. Dr. Jason Calton - PhD - Nutrition. Fundamental nutrients needed (Min. 36:45)
- Micronutrients critical to health, avoiding nutrient conflicts.
- Key nutrient deficiencies cause disease over time.
- How to reverse Osteoporosis
3. Dr. Bryan Haycock – Nutrition Researcher (Min. 1:09:30)
- Supplement industry & Mfg. is tightly regulated
- Difference between Drugs & Supplements – Drugs are approved by FDA if the benefits outweigh harm. Can make claims based on FDA approval. Supplements can have no risk of harm, but are not allow’d to make claims.
- Supplement Mfg. is also audited by FDA.
- Bacteria in your digestive system critical to you health, 2nd brain.
- Eat more fermented foods, fiber, Probiotics to support digestive health.
Back to Top
- Evan Demarco – Supplement Source Materials Specialist
- How Omega Oils are sourced and measured
- Benefits of Omega 3’s
- Function and benefits of CBD